- As soon as you wake up in your bed in the morning, start saying ‘thankyou’ and then think of at least 10 things you are thankful for and get into the ‘feeling’ of why you’re grateful for these things. Keep saying thank you in your mind as you get out of bed and go to the bathroom. See if you can just spend those first 15 mins of the day just saying ‘thankyou’ Adopting a habit of gratitude and appreciation makes for a happier emotional state of being.
- Drink a glass of lemon water which helps to cleanse toxins and hydrate your body. Say ‘thankyou’ for the clean water and take a moment to appreciate the fact you have clean water available to you as well as running hot water for bathing in your home.
- Meditate – meditation helps to still the mind and early in the morning before the momentum of the day begins, is a good time to practise. Light a candle if you like and just sit quietly for 15-20 minutes. Take a few long breaths to start and visualise something that feels good to you. Enjoy this time for yourself. You can imagine being in a lovely place like a forest or by the ocean with the sunlight coming down through your head and moving through your body, filling you up with light, energy and peace.
- After your meditation, say a few affirmations such as ‘this is going to be a really good day’ or ‘everything is always working out for me’ or ‘everything is unfolding this day for my highest good in perfect timing’ or make up your own positive affirmations that resonate with you.
- Then, just go about your day as usual but you’ve set the ‘tone’ for positive expectation and given yourself a peaceful and grounding start that should filter throughout your day, benefitting you in whatever situation you’re faced with.
- Before you go to sleep at night, mentally go over your day and remember the best things that happened that day and give thanks. This implants positive visuals and emotions before you go to sleep and can help you to have a more peaceful sleep and dreams.
Happy Days!!! 🙂